A rare piece of Old Hawaii. Located on almost 1.5 acres of oceanfront land with views of Keei, Kealakekua Bay and Captain Cooks Monument, this property has a large 3-bedroom classic beach house and numerous outbuildings for a once in a lifetime opportunity to own Old Hawaii. A few unique aspects of this property include:
– This property encompasses a complete point of land into the ocean,
– Has limited #8220;public access#8221; to the waterfront because of the topography of the property hence it has more privacy than most oceanfront parcels.
– Views of Keei and Kealakekua Bay including Captain Cook#8217;s monument (Herb Kane thinks the bay in front of the house may be the one that the native Hawaiians brought the boat that started the final days of Capt Cook.)
– Property is in a historical district as well as in a conservation zone.
– It would be difficult, if not impossible this day in age, to build this close to the ocean.
– The house has a copper roof, carved wood entry doors, koa cabinets in the kitchen, ohia wood posts, walkways and hand rails, and other first rate features in the house. It#8217;s a prime example of an kama#8217;aina beach home!
– The interior is just waiting for someone to put their own personality into it.
– Salt water pool with waterfall,
– Crossing koi ponds at the entry,
– Additional out buildings include the #8220;laundry#8221;, aviary, Thai hale, the 2 car garage and workshop.
– This and other neighboring properties are accessed by a private road through an electronic gate.
– Lots of interior square footage to work with.
– The house is oriented #8220;long-ways#8221; along the ocean so the rooms have ocean views with natural light and windows for air flow.
– Approximately 330 lineal feet of ocean frontage! Amazing!
You have to see this to appreciate it! Take a look…